Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The Photographic Tricks That Make McDonald’s Burgers Look Good

The Photographic Tricks That Make McDonald’s Burgers Look Good

Attempting to tackle the 'super-sized' fried breakfast

When arsenic peppermints poisoned nearly 200 people in a single night

Dirty Dozen: EWG Reveals List Of Pesticide-Heavy Fruits And Veggies

Five Facts About Pie That Might Surprise You, And A Survey

Moldy matters: How wasted food is destroying the environment

What Do Olympians Eat? 5 Crazy Training Diets

11 Most Insane Restaurants in the World

10 of the weirdest things you can eat in Latin America

World’s First Self-Refrigerating Can


Joanne Casey said...

I tend to go for the cheapest fruit and veg...maybe organic after reading this...

It's said juicing is best as it leaves the contaminants behind in the pulp.

ILuvNUFC said...

It's a little scary with all the crap that they contaminate our food with.

We always used to go for the cheapest as well until we tried some organic onions the other day. Really strong and tasty. I'm now sold on organic onions, at least!

Joanne Casey said...

Those strong onions may just blast out any toxins on their own :)

Gave up smoking (again)on Sunday - never mind the health reasons, it was costing me £30 a week, and I wasn't even a heavy smoker...Extra money for organic veg, maybe.

ILuvNUFC said...

I'm going to start smelling like an onion soon as I eat so many of them!

Have you tried Nicotine replacement therapies? I used a little plastic inhaler/tab type thingymajig and it helped me stop a few years back. Our doctors give them out on prescriptions which saved me a few bob. May be worth asking your local GP. Good luck :)

Joanne Casey said...

Seriously thought about the nicotine replacements but I downloaded a mobile app that says after a week physical nicotine dependency should be gone and I'm past the week. Cold turkeying it :)

Saving my extra £30 a week up for a cheap holiday.

ILuvNUFC said...

Well done. If you can manage one week then you will be ok. If you can manage to give it up without using any nicotine products then all the better. I tried countless times and failed without the help.

Cold turkey is the best way if the people around you can handle your craving!

Joanne Casey said...

Eye of the tiger is playing in my head, ha ha :)