Friday, August 27, 2010

Threads - 1984 Nuclear War Docudrama

A blast from the past (excuse the terrible pun). I remember watching this as a child...scary stuff.

Part 1 of 13


davelog said...

I saw this movie in the late 80's as a teenager, and it hit me HARD. Didn't sleep for most of a week. I still have occasional nightmares about the irradiated cat.

Devastatingly brutal movie about short- and long-term implications of nuclear exchange. You can watch it in its entirety at google video. Sleep tight.

Anonymous said...

I miss the Cold War.

Never thought I'd say that -- especially since I was one of the guys toeing the line at the time. But at least we didn't have religious nutballs flying passenger jets into skyscrapers.

Joanne Casey said...

It did give me a nightmare last night :-S